In ARV Maxillofacial Surgery Clinic we are specialists in medical-surgical surgery. We deal with prevention, study, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of the pathology of the oral cavity and craniofacial territory, as well as the cervical structures directly or indirectly related to these structures.
AVR Maxillofacial Surgery Clinic and Dr. Antonio Vázquez are specialists in Oral and Maxilofacial Surgery. Their role is to diagnose and treat many diseases related to the mouth, teeth, face, head and neck.
AVR Maxillofacial Surgery Clinic treats the various aspects of the diseases affecting the mouth, face and neck, from oral surgery and implantology to the surgery of dentogacial deformities, facial cosmetic surgery, traumatology and head and neck oncology.
CURRICULUM VITAE DR. ANTONIO MANUEL VAZQUEZ RODRÍGUEZ
- Graduated in Medicine and Surgery (University of Navarra).
- Doctor “Cum Laude” in Medicine (University of Navarra), con calificación de APTO CUM LAUDE, December 15th, 1989.
- Specialist in Stomatology (University of the Basque Country), concluding both courses of the specialization in the academic year 1988-89.
- SECOT Award for clinical research in orthopedic surgery and traumatology. In 1991 for the thesis: Tenolysis in the treatment of post-traumatic adhesions of the hand’s tendons.
- Fellowship of the European Association for Cranio-Maxillofacial Surgery. Research stay in Paris Fundation Adolph de Roychild, Dr. Morax.
- M.I. specialist in oral and maxilofacial surgery. 1998
- Master in Hospital and Health Care Management. University of Barcelona. 40 credits. Barcelona 21/05/2002.
- Associate profesor of surgery at Universidad Autónoma of Barcelona.
- Medical stays abroad in Glasgow, Paris, Mexico DF, Zurich, Udine…
- Resident Medical Intern in Maxillofacial surgery. Germans Trias i Pujol Hospital (Badalona), from January 8th, 1993 to January 31st, 1997.
- Consultantwith Luis Treserras Llaurado, from February 1st, 1993 to December 1997.
- Focus on the treatment of craneoestenosis from a neurosurgical point of view.
- Rotationsin the Plastic Surgey’s service at Gea González Hospital (head of service Dr. Ortiz Monasterio), from July 19th to August 19th, 1995 (Mexico DF). With special focus on microsurgery.
- Rotationin Plastic Surgery in Bellvitge Hospital (head of service Dr. J. Lerma), from January 15th to March 15th, 1996. Special focus to desde el 15 de enero al 15 de marzo de 1996. Con especial dedicación a la microcirugía.
- Medical stay at the maxillofacial surgery service of the University of Udine (Prof. Politi)May 6-10, 1996, with special dedication to the orthognathic surgery, treatment of dentoalveolar deformities and complex pre-implantology surgery.
- Stay from June 16th to July 4th at the ophthalmological plastic surgery service of Dr. Morax, Adolph de Rotchild Foundation in Paris, 1997. With special focus on the orbital pathology and oculoplastic surgery.
- Stay in the Oculopalpebral Surgery Service, Dr. Kastinova in Foch Hospital, on June 18th and 25th and July 2nd of 1997. Special focus on the aftermath of orbital injuries and their treatments.
- Fifth theoretical-practical course of Microsurgical Technique (2002-2003). Experimental surgery center of Mútua Sabadellença. Sabadell.
- Senior Registrar of Maxillofacial Surgery at the Plato Polyclinic Institute (CIR Service. Plastic MIR). November 1997-2004.
- Level Bin the profesional career of the XHUP hospitals, since September 2000. Plato Polyclinic Institute.
- Consultant at Our Lady of Remei Clinic since January 1998. Special focus on the maxillofacial emergencies.
- Senior Registar of the Maxillofacial surgery service at Germans Trias i Pujol University Hospital. Since 2004.
- Stay in Zurich Pyramids Klinic, Dr. Albino Triaca.
- The tenolysis in the treatment of the post-traumatic adherence of the hand. Doctoral thesis. December 1989.
- Tendon surgery: scarring, adhesions and tenolysis. Amilio, A. Vázquez,C. Villas. From the collection of orthopedic monographs, published by the Department of Orthopedic Surgery University Clinic. Medical Department. University of Navarra. 1992.
- Oral indications in the Reiter’s syndrome: Report of a clinical case. Vázquez A., Martí C., Olive A. In the Basque magazine of Odontostomatology. February 1994
- Actinomycosis of the tongue associated with HIV infection: Case Report. Journal of Oral and Maxilo-facial Surgery. Vázquez A., Martí C., Reñaga I., Salavert A.Vol 55,Num 8,August 1997.
- Villonodular Synovitis of Temporomandibular Joint: Case Report. Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine and Oral Radiologiy. Reñaga I., Anmella J., Salavert A., Vázquez A.Vol 84.Numero 5. November 1997.
- Mikulitz syndrome by lymphoma of well differentiated and low-grade B lymphocytes. Clinical medicine Vol. 112 Nº13.
- Dissertation for the Master’s degree in Hospital and Health Care Management. Rational organization of the oral service of a specific community.
- Treatment of an orbital soil tumour diagnosed as recurrent of mucoepidermoid carcinoma of the lacrimal gland. A.M. Vázquez. Surgery and MedicinE Q.M.C. 2005:11:91-93.
- Intraoral osteodistraction: new therapeutic applications. A.M. Vázquez Q.M. Medicine and Surgery 1 2005; 11:95-97.
- Updated Dental Pain Review. M. Vázquez Rodríguez, J. Anmella Valmaña, A. Salavert Girona. Legal Deposit: M-15229-2006.
COURSES AND CONFERENCES
- Assistant and speaker at multiple national and international congresses.
MEMBER OF SECOM, ASSOCIATION OF CRANIOFACIAL SURGERY
- Currently he manages at the same time his private practice, his hospital activity and his teaching duties as an associate professor of maxillofacial surgery at Germans Trias i Pujol University Hospital, related to the UAB University.