Dr. Antonio Vázquez, maxilofacial surgeon, is a specialist in zygomatic implants in Barcelona.
Zygomatic implants are the fastest solution for patients with maxillary bone loss.
Zygomatic implants are based on an innovative concept that allows to offer important advantages to patients with little bone.
At ARV Maxillofacial Clinic, we are experts in the rehabilitation of severe atrophy of the upper jaw by fixed dentures on zygomatic implants, anchored in the cheekbone.
When are zygomatic implants used?
It usually applies to people who have lost teeth at an early age and who have worn dentures for a long time.
This technique allows those patients with severe bone defects in the maxilla, where they have been told that implants cannot be placed, to carry fixed prostheses immediately after surgery without the need for bone grafts or any waiting.
Correcting not only your chewing but the aesthetics of your face, to be able to fill out through the prosthesis the entire bone reabsorbed over the years.
What is the difference between zygomatic implants and conventional implants?
Zygomatic dental implants differ from the conventional ones because they are held in the body of the zygomatic bone and because they show differences in size, diameter and specific angles.
What is the difference between zygomatic implants and dental bone grafting?
They require a more specialized surgical intervention. We have two important differences between zygomatic implants and dental bone grafts:
- Treatment time: if a graft is performed, we have to wait six month to place dental implants, while with sygomatic implants it is not necessary to wait any time, the same day a temporary prosthesis can be placed and in 24 or 48 hours the final one.
- Zygomatic implants offer functional rehabilitation. The bone graft has an anatomical rehabilitation of the patient, it reconstructs the bone and gingiva of the patient.
Is the placement of these implants complicated?
It is an intervention that requires specialization and training of the maxilofacial surgeon. It is performed under sedation and local anesthesia, so that the patient is comfortable and collaborates willingly with the surgeon.
What benefits and advantages do zygomatic implants involve?
– It does not require hospital admission
– The zygomatic bone presents very favorable bone conditions, achieving a good primary implant stability in all cases and immediate charge.
– The use of this type of zygomatic implants is an excellent alternative in the treatment of edentulous patients and also with very little bone mass
– It implies a radical change in the patients’ lives, as they have fixed teeth again, with all the advantages of self-esteem and all the comfort that entails. For patients, it implies a radical change in their lives, as they have fixed teeth again, with all the advantages that this involves in terms of self-esteem and the comfort that that entails. The teeth can be placed on the implants immediately in less than 24 hours.
– They don’t need to do complex graft or bone implant surgeries.
– The postoperative is very light, with little inconvenience and it allows the patients to carry out a normal life immediately. It is not painful, but it usually involves inflammation.
Barcelona, Tarragona, Lleida, Girona, Terrassa, Badalona, Sant Just Desvern, Hospitalet de Llobregat, Bilbao, Cartagena, Castellón, Valencia, Alicante, Huesca, Zaragoza, Teruel, Ibiza, Mallorca, Menorca, Palma, Gran Canaria, Tenerife, Murcia, Málaga, Santander, Madrid, La Coruña, Lugo, Orense, Pontevedra, Sevilla, Marbella, Vitoria, Vigo, Córdoba, Valladolid, Elche, Gijón, Oviedo, Granada